Wednesday, June 3, 2009

InfoPath Forms and Sharepoint and annoying Visual Studio

I was asked to put a form on sharepoint. Great. Have a copy of the doc they all wanted posted. I edited it and published it and all was well. Went back to tweak the document and suddenly InfoPath warns me that only an administrator can approve this template. I could not figure out why.

The error I was getting was:
"An administrator must approve this form template before it can be filled out by using a browser. The template may contain form code, require full trust, be enabled to render on a mobile device, or use a data connection managed by a server administrator."

Turns out I made the stupid mistake of accidentally clicking on Programming > Validating Event..., from within a field in my Form. That action opened Visual Studio for me. I closed Visual Studio and didnt think about it.

Opening Visual Studio was apparently my mistake. I finally found this doc: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922125

Only the "Administrator-approved form template (advanced)" option is available when you publish a browser-compatible form template by using Visual Studio 2005."

Great. >Accidentally< clicking on something should not render one's document incompatible.

The fix is to go into InfoView and click on Tools > Form Options > Programming, and disable the programming.

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment